Friday, June 4, 2010

1st Bike Ride


On May 15th, mom and I set off on our first bike ride together. It was the day of the Rose Parade, so we had to detour a bunch and we weren't able to catch the bike path mommy wanted to. We were headed to our Kindergym class at the Finley Center, when something stopped our rear tire. A strap from my new seat had gotten tangled in the spokes and warped the tire. Luckily we were only 4 blocks from our destination. Mom got off the bike and pushed me the rest of the way.
When we got there, mom spent a bit of time on the phone coordinating a rescue mission headed by Aunt Sheila. While we waited for her to arrive in the truck, I got to play at Kindergym for 15 minutes or so. Then, mom took the bike in the truck to get it fixed at the bike shop our neighbor works at, while I played on the playground with Sheila.
Mom returned with her car and my car seat. She wanted to thank Aunt Sheila with a lunch at the farmer's market, but when they got there, she realized that she had no money. Sheila happily helped us out, AGAIN! Mom was a bit embarrassed, but nonetheless, they had an amazing lunch, while I slept in the carrier.
That evening, our neighbor Robert, brought over our bike as good as new. He and his friend fixed our tire and seat. He also brought me a new helmet that fit even better than the first! Although it was a crazy day, I can't wait to get out there again and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment