Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 15, 2010

First Birthday
Mom and dad had big birthday party plans for me later in the week, so we were pretty mellow on my actual birthday. Aunt Sheila came over for dinner and cake. We were also thrilled to receive a visit from Angela and Richard. I was a bit tired during dinner, but I knew something good was coming, so I held it together. At one point, mom tried to give me a taste of her salmon, which was DISGUSTING! I couldn't believe she put it in my mouth. I looked to our guests for sympathy and to see if they could do anything about this terrible taste, but nobody came to my rescue. Actually, many of them laughed! Here it was, my birthday and they were feeding me awful things and laughing at my reaction.
Well, I am happy to report that things did get better. After dinner, mom and dad brought out my own personal piece of cake. As mom put me in the high chair, I saw it in the distance and started to grunt and tense up...
At first, I tried to grab the entire piece, which nearly gave dad a heart attack!
After I ate most of the piece, I went to a very happy place...
But, I wanted more and I was sure the lady behind the camera could do something about it...
Well, I didn't get more cake, but I did manage to find some crumbs to lick up on my highchair tray.
After cake, I cleaned up, dad gave me a faux-hawk, and it was time for presents. Mom helped me open a gift of books from her and dad. Afterwards, we got a surprise visit from Linda, who also had a present for me! It was a beautiful book of James Herriot stories. I can't wait to read all of them.

1 comment:

  1. YO T-Miller! I'm loving the new lay-out for the new year!!! Happy Birthday BTW! Tell your mommy and poppy I say HEY! xoxoxoxo -Kat

    ReplyDelete