Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June 26th, 2010

On Saturday, June 26th, dad did not have to go to school, so we enjoyed a lovely sunny day. First we walked to the Farmer's Market, where we met Aunt Sheila. Mom, Sheila and I roamed around the market and snacked on some baked goodies. Next we joined dad at the Police Dog Trials at the Fairgrounds. When we arrived they were doing dog races. I thought it was pretty interesting at first, but then my attention turned to practicing my walking skills on the grass.
That evening, our neighbor Jennifer offered to take us to La Cantera with her daughter for a swim. This was my first time in a big pool! Mom dressed me in the right gear:

However, I was a bit nervous to get in. Mom had to hold me and she slowly dipped the two of us in the kiddie pool. I did not like it at first, but there were a few other kids in there to help distract me. Eventually, I let mom float around the 1 foot kiddie pool and I sat on her stomach. Jennifer played in the pool too, which was fun, but I never got too far from mom the whole time. After all of the emotional drain, I spent some time relaxing in the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment