Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hiking in Pt. Richmond

Aunt April is on a mission to hike in most of the East Bay Regional Parks. So, on April 24th, we decided to help her out and join her for a walk around Miller/Knox Regional Shoreline in Pt. Richmond. That's right, mom took me to Richmond for the first time. It was actually a darling historic area with cute buildings and a gorgeous view of the bay. Here we are at the shoreline park getting ready to hike:
I really enjoyed trying out the "new" backpack Teri found for us at a garage sale. It was fun to be higher up on mom's back. It also also put me in better position to pull her hair and grab her hat.
Great views from the trail:
Picking a wildflower along the way. I think it only made it into my mouth once...
Aunt April taking it all in:
This is mom and I after the longest ascent. It was a bit steeper then we expected and Aunt April had to help us out a little along the way.

Overall, it was a very fun time. I slept on the car ride back, which was good, because we had a birthday party to attend that afternoon. My girlfriend Violet turned one. It was really fun! She was very sweet as she delicately picked at her birthday cake, one small bite at a time. Happy Birthday, friend!




No comments:

Post a Comment