Saturday, February 27, 2010

Point Reyes

On Saturday, Feb. 13th, mom and I joined Grandpa, Teri, Mari and Marisa in celebrating Grandma Joan's birthday. The day started at the Farmer's Market area, where the adults looked for goodies to take home. Mom and I spent some time looking at the animals that some of the farmers brought. Here I am petting my first rabbit. I wasn't sure what to think about it, but I got a few pets in.
Most of the morning, we roamed around the town looking in shops and I got to makes eyes at all of the people passing by. Many of them loved my new monkey hat from Teri, purchased that day in Pt. Reyes Station. Below I am getting a shoulder ride from mom, which is one of our favorite things to do together now.

After hiking for a bit in Pt. Reyes State Park, we went back to town to eat. My teeth were bothering me a bit, so I took turns eating bites and chewing on Sofie.

Since I actually slept for most of the hike, I enjoyed a little time walking after lunch.

It was nice to spend some time with Aunt Marisa, we don't get to do it nearly enough.

We finished the day by having celebratory dessert at a nice restaurant. I got to try some butterscotch creme brulee from Aunt Mari. It was super delicious. Come to think of it, I think it was my first dessert ever! WOOHOO! I have to hang out with these ladies more often. Towards the end of the evening, it was harder and harder to get good pics of me; although, Aunt Mari did her best and mom was very grateful that she remembered a camera. I don't remember what Grandma Joan and I are looking at here, but it was amusing...

When we got home that night, I was crawling around and slipped. My face hit the ground and i got my first busted lip. When mommy got to me, my mouth was full of blood. Daddy calmly brought me to the kitchen and cleaned up my mouth. They were thankful to find only one small cut caused by one of my bottom teeth. I was pretty upset though. I just wanted to be held by my dad and given a wet cold rag to suck on. The good news is that after some cuddling and a bottle, I was asleep in no time and the next day I didn't even remember what happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment