Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Weekend

On the Saturday before Easter, dad and Grandpa Matt bought new baby chicks. Dad got 4 for our house and Grandpa got 10 for his farm in Middletown. The chicks are able to live inside for 5 weeks, but dad knew he needed a bigger coop eventually. So, we all went up to Middletown for the weekend in order for him to build a custom roost for the chicks. Grandpa Matt and he worked on it the whole time we were there, while I hung out inside with the rest of the family. Dad and Grandpa did a great job! I am sure the chickens are going to love it.

Auntie Julia came up from San Luis Obispo and it was really nice to get some cuddle time. I hadn't seen her since I was born! I also got to help Gordy prepare for his soon-to-be-born baby. Mom got a little rest as everyone fought over who would hold me next. Teri even read to me in the rocking chair as I dozed off for a nap.
On Easter Day, mom dressed me up in an outfit from one of her students. I think she was excited to get me into clothes that were 0-3 month size...must mean I am growing! I also charmed everyone with a few smiles... Auntie April said I look like a peep in this picture...
In the evening, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Miller's house. Uncle Kevin was home from Honduras , Auntie Sheila showered me with kisses and my grandparents both held me for quite awhile...it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment