Sunday, January 2, 2011

Double Binkies

I found two binkies in the house and decided to show what I could do with them. Although I was getting pretty sick, I was able to manage a cheeky smile for mom. Then, I took the binkies out and said, "Two!" as I held one in each hand. Mom and dad knew I understood "one," but they were amazed that I was able to use the word "two" correctly as well.
The week prior to Christmas, I came down with a terrible cold. All plans were cancelled in the house, parties were skipped and I spent a lot of time cuddling with mom and dad. My nose wouldn't stop running and I had a nasty croup-like cough that kept me up at night. Grandma Dee came over to help mom get some stuff done, but I wouldn't let anyone near me besides mom. After awhile, I did get some energy to show her the Christmas though. It seemed the only word I could say was "hug" all week; as I climbed up on my parents' laps and held on tight. We went to the doctor's office twice, but there was no clear infection. I had to get a steroid shot for my croup, which definitely helped, but I did not like getting probed and prodded at the doctors' while I was there. By Christmas Eve, I felt much better, despite having a terrible runny nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment