Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Lights

On December 16, mom and dad took me to Snowman Lane to see Christmas light displays for the first time. We bundled up and walked down the street. Mom pulled me along in my wagon and dad took Emma. Nobody wanted to miss the fun!


Now, it is a little known fact that I LOVE lights. When I was younger, I would squint my eyes to make them look different. Now, I am interested in naming all of the colors, or telling someone if they are off or on. You can imagine my excitement and surprise when we started to see the lights from around the corner. The first house only had a few icicle lights, but I thought it was great.
Little did I know what was in store. Some of the houses had moving characters and elaborate scenes.
This house had a display that went to music every hour. We missed the show, but we did get some popcorn to share (They were selling it right out front!)


At this house, I got out of the wagon and stared for a long time. After awhile, I noticed
reindeer on the roof. This was actually the first night I started to recognize Santa Claus. By the end of the evening, I was saying his name, along with other words, such as, reindeer, penguins, and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment