Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vegas Baby

On Thursday, November 5th, my mom and I headed to Las Vegas to celebrate my Aunt Julia's 21st birthday and my Grandpa Matthew's 50th birthday. On the flight over, mom was a little nervous, because I started to fuss a little as we taxied on the runway. However, I quickly fell asleep when I heard the enghines start and we headed up in the air. I am not sure what happened next, because I slept until we landed in Las Vegas.

On our first night, we went to the Professional Bull Riding Championships. Dad was very smart and made mom pack some earphones for me. The arena was so noisy and full of lights, that I got a little scared at first. But, mom took me out for a minute to regroup and to get used to my earphones. I was asleep again by the second half of the riding. Everyone around us could not believe that I slept through such a loud event, but traveling had taken a lot out of me. Below are pictures of all of us at the rodeo, me in my earphones and Papa feeling my sharp teeth.

On Friday, we did a lot of walking around Vegas. I was a little thrown off with all of the stimulation. I also wasn't eating the regular food that my mom makes for me. She had to pack jars of baby food, which did not taste the same. At one point, we stopped by CVS to pick up some baby cereal to make the jar food more bland. In order to get any sleep through the day, mom had to cover my stroller with a blanket, so I couldn't see all of the lights of the Strip.

That evening, we went to New York, New York to the restaurant called the Nine Fine Irishmen. I was about over the whole Vegas seen, but thanks to Aunt April, I made it through dinner. Here I am displaying the 3 stages of drinking in Las Vegas:

1. Excitement 2. Belligerence 3. Regret
After dinner, we headed to the Bellagio to watch the water show at night. This is mom's favorite part of Vegas. She couldn't wait to show it to me, but I was asleep in the carrier by the time that we got there.
Finally, on Friday night, I needed some time to wind down. Aunt April joined us in our room for a little while, instead of going out with the others. I spent some time playing on the bed and eating some food.

Saturday, we flew out and headed home to see dad. He was as happy to see me as I was to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment