Friday, May 29, 2009

First Road Trip!

This past weekend, my Aunt Julia graduated from Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo. The whole family packed into the car to watch the ceremony and celebrate with her. What is normally a 4.5 hour drive, turned into a 6.5 hour drive with all of the stops we had to make. About every 2 hours, mom and dad had to get me out of my car seat to feed and change me.

Down in San Luis Obispo, we hung out at Julia's apartment, saw her graduate, went to dinner and walked the town. Dad enjoyed seeing the town for the first time and we all enjoyed hanging out with Grandpa Matt, Teri, Grammie J, and Julia.

On the way home, we stopped in Walnut Creek to attend our friend Kevin's birthday party. I was the hit of the party. Kat was out from Dallas and barely let me go. Kevin's mom made food for all of the adults, which was amazing. It was a nice break from the driving for mom, dad, and me.

Overall, I did really well in the car during this first trip. It wasn't until the last 40 minutes on the way home that I decided to cry. When I did, there was nothing to console me. I just wanted to be home.

Left: Watching Julia graduate with Teri.

Right: Good job Auntie Julia!

Below: Posing by the mission with mom, dad and Julia.






Below: Making googly eyes at Aunt April at Kevin's birthday party.




No comments:

Post a Comment