Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween Fun

The night before Halloween, mom and dad took me over to Richard and Angela's house for a party. My costume had been decided for weeks, but mom and dad had to throw something together in just a few minutes...not to shabby...
On Halloween, I got back in my gorilla suit and headed out on my first trick-or-treating adventure. The first stop was our neighbor Alexia's house to pose with her great pumpkin display and show her my outfit. Alexia is the first girl I ever blew a kiss to and I often can't wait to see her. Mom thinks that is the reason I am either super cheesy in my pics or disinterested in the camera. Dad was in charge of Emma "The Pumpkin" while we went around the neighborhood.


The first few houses, I was very timid. Mom had to explain that I could ring each person's doorbell and that made me a little more interested. When people answered the door, I rehearsed my version of "Trick-or-Treat," however, I had know idea what they wanted me to do from there. They put a large bowl of stuff in front of me and apparently wanted me to take some. I had know idea what they were giving me, so I had no intention of taking any. The first few houses, the people put these small packages in my bag, but I promptly took them out and handed them back. Around house #4, I allowed them to put the candy in the bag and left it in there. By house #6, dad already started raiding my stash and eating it...
Throughout the walk, neighbors informed mom and dad about what was happening in the Giants World Series game. I don't think they were too thrilled about it at first, since they were recording it at home. But, by the end, they were rolling with it and asking for updates.
The coolest find of the night was a glow stick necklace passed out by one of the neighbors. When we were done trolling the neighborhood, I got to do my favorite thing of the evening. I sat on our own front porch and pass out candy to those who came by our house. By the end, I was literally throwing the candy at the kids in effort to get it into their baskets.
We watched the rest of the Giants game when we got home. Dad did let me try one thing out of my candy bag, which was a Tootsie-Pop. It was my first time trying this kind of candy.
It didn't take long before I relished in its deliciousness and wouldn't let daddy take it back. Realizing it might be a problem, mom and dad threw it away pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment