Thursday, October 7, 2010

Aunt April's Birthday

Aunt April was kind enough to spend her birthday with me. The day started out with waffles topped with whipped cream and raspberries. I especially enjoyed the whipped cream.
Aunt April opened some of her gifts and cards during breakfast.
The big event of the day was going to the Oakland Zoo. Although I decided not to nap in the car on the ride down, I was pretty excited and happy to be at the zoo. We started by checking out the monkeys. I did my best monkey impression for them. I think they liked it. Then we saw Giant Tortoises and played on the frogs.
Here I am checking out the lemurs with dad. Our friends Jeff and Tara are in the background.
The giraffes were really neat. Mom had to drag me away from the rail after awhile. I'm not sure if it was because she wanted to move on, or because I was licking it.
Towards the end of the day, I did get a little tired. However, mom and dad saved the best for last...the elephants. They were amazing!

Overall, it was a great day! Aunt April had invited one of her friends who brought her 2 year old boy, Aris. We became friends pretty fast. I would point to the animals and make their noises, and he would tell me everything he knew about them. Halfway through the trip, we decided to help each other walk from animal to animal by holding hands.
At the end of the day, we all gathered around our friend Jeff's cell phone and listened to the end of the Giant's game. There were high fives all around when we heard they won and they would be headed to the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment