Friday, October 15, 2010

Academy of Sciences

On Oct. 8th, Nana and Bapa took us to the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. It was my first time there. Mom and dad hadn't been since they remodeled it.

Here I am ready to go:
The first stop was the rain forest exhibit. Unfortunately, the humidity in the room made a fog on mom's camera:
While in the rain forest, Nana pointed out all of the fun things to see. Together we spotted birds, butterflies, fish, and more:
Here I am checking out a frog. If you look really closely, you can see it on the left edge of the picture. Once I finally spotted these small green and black creatures, I couldn't help but shouting out, "Ibbit" and "Hop!"
After the rain forest, we took the elevator down to the aquarium portion of the Academy. Here I am with Nana and Bapa checking out the overhead fish:
I really enjoyed the fish that were at my level. In the aquarium, they had whole walls of glass, so I could see the fish move well:
This is me explaining to Nana that I see fish in sign language:
While in the aquarium, I ran from tank to tank, pulling Nana and Bapa along for the ride. The Academy was very thoughtful and made some small tanks at just my level. One of my favorite sea creatures was the seahorse. Once I discovered its name, I kept neighing and running over to it.

Next we went upstairs to see the swamp exhibits:


Although the African Animals were not real, I found them fascinating nonetheless. Below, Nana and I are checking out the zebras, which I call "ebra."
We spent quite a while watching the penguins. Below, mom captured a picture of one of the only swimming penguins, all the others didn't seem to want to perform for us.
At the end of the day, I was very tired. Nana got me a stuffed penguin to help remember the trip. Here I am showing everyone what sleeping and cuddling looks like:
Still smiling after a long day:

On the way home, Bapa insisted on sitting next to me, so we could read books together. I was quite thrilled with that:

2 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful little trip. I almost felt like I was there. I wish I had been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanyon, when will your Giant's World Series post be coming????

    ReplyDelete