Friday, March 20, 2009

Here I Am World!

My mom went into the hospital on Saturday morning to try to induce me for the third time. I was very comfortable though and I really wanted to stay where it was warm. They gave her a pill every hour for 8 hours before they decided to break the bag of water surrounding me. Well, that didn't make me too happy, so I decided it was probably time to start coming out. At 2:36am Sunday morning, March 15th, I made my way out into this world.

I weighed 8 lbs., 4 oz. ("5 lbs. of scrotum" the nurse said) and was 21 inches long. I was born with a full head of hair and a bit of a conehead. My parents were both instantly in love. I looked at them in amazement, "So, these are the faces behind the voices I had been hearing for 9 months?!"

Soon after I was born, I got a visit from some of my family members. There were four generations of Malvinos in one room: Great-Grandma Joan, Grandpa Matt, mom, and I. There was lots of happiness from everyone.

The next day, there were visits from many other relatives. All of them got to hold me, as I slept or looked at them with wide eyes. Everyone commented about how alert I seemed.

We had to spend some extra time at the hospital, because I wasn't quite ready to breastfeed. However, after some very nice nurses' help, mom, dad, and I worked something out and we got to come home on St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations both of you! He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete