Sunday, January 8, 2012

Making holiday cookies

Since I was a little girl, we have made holiday sugar cookies for our friends and family.  Since Paul and I have been married, we have invited various folks to our house to help decorate them.  Last year, Tanyon was a bit young and a bit too sick to help in the making of cookies. This year, he loved every step of the process. First, he helped me make the dough:
 Then, I gave him his own board, dough, rolling pin and cutters to make cookies to bake:



Not many of Tanyon's creations made it to the oven, but he had a ball playing with the dough as I rolled out dozens of batches of cookies next to him. The next day, Tanyon also participated in some cookie decorating. Unfortunately, we did not get any pictures of our friends decorating this year, but it was tons of fun and we appreciate all of the company while doing it. 
12/16-12/18

No comments:

Post a Comment