Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Tradition

So, when Paul and I first got married, we didn't have any ornaments for our tree.  We decided then, that each year we would give each other at least one ornament that signified something important to us.  After 7 years now, we are getting quite a special collection.  This year, the day after Thanksgiving, I gave Tanyon and Paul their special ornaments for the year.  

Tanyon was excited to open his first gift...
He was even more excited that it was a Dora the Explorer ornament!  I figured it was one of the main obsessions of the year.  Last year, I gave him a garbage truck and garbage can ornament.
Paul got a watering can to symbolize all of the work he did putting in our drip system for the garden this year. He also got a suitcase to represent our trip to Los Angeles and a hammer, because he has become our family's fix-it man.
The next week, I got a cute sand bucket with a sandcastle in it to represent my trip to San Diego with Tanyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment