Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tanyon's 2nd Birthday

Hello Everyone,

For Tanyon's 2nd birthday, I told him I would take over the blogging for him. He says he is too busy to keep up. Last week, he started preschool (2 half days a week), he is engaged in a ton of imaginative play, and he is helping us get the garden ready. So, I am going to take a shot at it. I may not be as good as Tanyon, but I am hoping you still enjoy.

Love, Paula

So, we celebrated Tanyon's 2nd birthday on March 19th. It was originally planned for Giorgi Park in Healdsburg, since that is where he visits every week with Nana, but due to the terrible rain, we moved the party indoors to Grandma and Grandpa Miller's house. Tanyon is still obsessed with all things garbage and recycling, so I thought it would be fun to make that our theme. I made decorations out of recycled materials, such as, flowers and flags (another thing Tanyon is quite focused on these days).





I had my best friend, Angela Sedgwick come over and help me make a garbage truck sign. Upon seeing it, Tanyon gasped and then yelled out, "Awesome!"

The desserts were also on theme. We had compost cupcakes:


And, a garbage truck cake:


Tanyon was over the moon when he heard everyone sign his favorite song to him, "Happy Birthday" (Cha, Cha, Cha style)


The party was lots of fun and we had several of our family and friends to enjoy the festivities.

By the time presents came around, Tanyon was VERY tired. He needed a little help opening them from his cousin Declan.

He even got a little upset and scared when he opened a cool dinosaur puppet. Although he loves dinosaurs right now, emotions were a little on the surface. After everyone left, he immediately slept for several hours.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this party happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment