Saturday, April 2, 2011

Read-O-Rama

In early March, mom's school was having a Rip Roaring Read-o-Rama. I figured, hey, I like to read and I like mommy's school, so I attended some of the festivities. First of all, it was also Pajama Day, so mom and I woke up ate some breakfast and got in the car to go to school, while wearing our jammies!

When we got there, I got to line up with mommy's class. There were plenty of nice girls and boys to help show me how things were done. The students had been learning about Dr. Seuss, so they all had Cat in the Hat hats to wear. I didn't want to put one on, but I let mommy. I also wasn't so interested in taking pictures. There were just too many other things to do...

We started the day "buddy reading" in the cafeteria. Then, we went to mommy's classroom to sip hot chocolate and read magazines. I spent time wandering around the room checking in with the students. Next, mom let me draw on the whiteboard. When dad came to pick me up, he first read to the students as a "Celebrity Reader." His story was so interesting, in the middle of it, I stood up and screamed, "NO WAY!" All of the kids laughed. Then, they noticed that my shirt was in my mouth. Seeing my belly got a few more chuckles. Enjoying the attention, I started pulling up my shirt to see if anyone else would notice. Soon, I had the whole class laughing as I flashed my belly. To get the full effect, I even walked to the front of the room and pulled my shirt up. Poor dad,was trying to read his story, but at this point not many of the kids were paying attention to him. Quickly, mom grabbed me and bruoght me to the back of the room to sit with her. To my dismay, I left with dad shortly after that. I hope mom lets me go back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment